Wednesday 5 January 2011

The Beauty of Calligraphy.

 I  love art and i think i'm quiet artistic. I like art in its various forms and as a lover of art i appreciate calligraphy. Here is a brief look into calligraphy.

''The word Calligraphy comes from the Greek word, meaning, the art of beautiful writing, and goes back as far as 500 BC. The Roman alphabet, like the rest of its civilisation, was strongly influenced by the Etruscans, who migrated to Italy from Asia Minor via Egypt, absorbing much of the Greek culture. Before the invention of printing calligraphy was vitally important as a means of storing and transmitting the written word. For centuries scribes produced books by hand and we have much to learn from their methods. The modern student of calligraphy turns to historical scripts for an understanding of letterforms. The act of reading has become an everyday skill that most of us take for granted. Calligraphy helps us to see what we are reading by making the words beautiful.

In short Calligraphy is a powerful tool for communicating the written word in the modern world'' - Paula Camparini
Calligraphy is a beautiful form of art that involves the handwriting and can be used to form visual images. The neatness associated with this form of art, the creativity ,tools and materials you work with and the pride that follows a finished work of calligraphy is all very interesting. I guess there is nothing like making a living out of what flows out of you naturally. Thumbs up to all calligraphers.

15 comments:

  1. Hello there,

    I was looking for a calligraphy
    picture to be used in the article I am currently making and I find your picture interesting to use. I would like to ask your permission to use this photo. I promise to site the source.

    Thank you so much,
    Eileen, ESL teacher
    Davao City, Philippines
    english_teacher_eileen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Eileen,
    You may use this photo and you may site this blog as you have asked.
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just fell in love with this photo!
    Have you drew it yourself?
    Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a nice site.

    more info on http://www.helpinghandalmere.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the site but can't do calligraphy

    ReplyDelete
  6. plz write the alphabets in the same writing from a-z.
    regards,
    Yelin Aung

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful picture.
    I love this font of calligraphy.
    Would you be able to write the alphabets Aa-Zz in this font please?
    Thanks :)

    mythoughtsanddreams.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I can write the alphabets Aa-Zz in this font.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi all,

    I am a eighteen year old boy and really want a tattoo with this font!

    Can u send me the alphabats Aa-Zz so i can get a tattoo in this type of letters.

    My tattoo wil say "Live for the moment not by the past, live each day like it's your last"

    Rutger e-mail: ( rutgerwesterink25@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Olutosin,
    I just wanted to tell you that your calligraphy is beautiful and I, too, believe you are quite artistic. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello i was wondering if u could send me this calligraphy Aa-Zz because i love to learn new types of calligraphy so if you can send it to chrisnarez14@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful, if only I could do what you can!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning. I have been practicing calligraphy for a year and am eager to create as well as you have. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this style of calligraphy! Calligraphy is an art I learned to do on my own as a teenager almost 30 years ago. Did you ever print out this style from Aa-Zz on your blog so we could learn? I love learning different styles. You have an amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete